Have you been wasting your pumpkin seeds over the years ? Unfortunately, most of us do. Whether we think its too much work to deal with cleaning and roasting them or we simply don’t see any nutritional value in them, for whatever reason, we’ve been making a mistake. They are one of nature’s perfect foods.
5 Phenomenal Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds For Your Body
- Pumpkin Seedsare loaded with Magnesium. Most Americans are magnesium deficient. Being one of the most vital minerals, it is responsible for over 300 different biochemical reactions which are essential for your body to function properly. 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds contains 92% of your daily value of magnesium.
- Pumpkin seeds naturally boost testosterone. Pumpkin seeds do wonders for male sexual health. The nutrients contained in pumpkin seeds such as vitamins B, C, D, E, and K play a very important role in libido. Additionally, pumpkin seeds are loaded with zinc which is the power behind high testosterone levels.
- Pumpkin Seeds Improve Mood and Diminish Hot Flashes. Pumpkin seeds can also help improve your mood as they contain tryptophan which is needed to produce serotonin in the brain. Pumpkin seeds can also help with hot flashes due to the magnesium, which helps to balance your body temperature.
- Pumpkin Seeds Can Fight Cancer. Pumpkin seeds contain compounds known as cucurbitacins. A New study, found that these compounds are known to fight cancer and kill different types of cancer cells.
- Pumpkin Seeds can help you with Insomnia. Tryptophan, contained in pumpkin seeds, is an amino acid that aids in the production of melatonin and serotonin, which is responsible for our sleep/wake cycle. Thus, eating pumpkin seeds will help you fall asleep easier.
SO, the next time you carve your pumpkin, don’t toss out the seeds and don’t wait
Source : http://healthycures.org/