This DIY is such a fun Easter activity for kids and can also be used as decoration (or dessert!) It is little Peeps houses by Yesterfood, you know the cute little marshmallows that come out only in Easter time? They are ridiculously easy to make and will make your kids so happy. To learn how to create them at home, simply follow the instructions below.
- Peeps Marshmallow Chicks
- Graham Crackers (Note: the name-brand might be a little thicker and sturdier than the cheaper alternatives)
- Frosting/Icing such as Wilton’s Cookie Icing
- Newspaper or parchment paper
- Easter decor (Cadbury mini eggs)
- Start by laying out the newspaper or parchment paper creating a place where you will work.
- You will need three whole graham crackers broken into halves.
- Using icing, “glue” the halves to create the walls and floor of Peeps house. Set aside.
4. Take two other halves and create the roof by gluing the together and set aside. Let everything dry for about an hour. Glue the roof and the walls together.
5. Decorate as desired. You can use mini eggs and Easter grass or any other Easter candy!
You can keep the little houses for several days, however the graham crackers can soften after a bit.
Feel free to decorate the exterior as you please!
Will you be trying this cute Easter DIY this year? The kiddos will love it!